Tuesday 14 January 2014

Tuesday's Choice

So last week Tuesday, I decided I was going to start memorizing verses.  Putting God's word in my mind and mulling it over and over as I tried to memorize it.  IT WORKED!  I haven't memorized anything in ages, but this week I was able to get Philippians 2:1-4 memorized.  I know, it's not much, but it's stuck in there.

So this week, I have another passage I'm throwing out there for us to memorize.

Colossians 3:12-17.  Again another one of my favorite passages.  Join me won't you?  And let me know how it's going.  Where do you like to memorize?  How do you memorize?  For me, a couple times a week, I pick my kids up from school and unless you are there half an hour early, it is nearly impossible to find a parking spot.  So I go early and that is where I do my quiet memorizing.  I type it out several times which helps me.  I find when I write/type stuff out, I really have to think about it, and I also can visualize it.

So here are the verses for the week.  They are in the NIV but feel free to try them in whatever version you are comfortable with!  And let's remember to review our Philippians passage as well.  (See Thinking ahead: Tuesdays-challenge)  Wouldn't it be fun to be able to recite an entire month's worth of verses???  Let's see what we can do.  Blessings on you as you put God's word into our hearts and into our actions!!!!

Colossians 3:12-17


12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 
13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 
14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.And be thankful. 
16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. 
17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

1 comment:

  1. On Monday morning I found in Neil's cupboard a little zippered pouch of his fron literally years ago. It had cufflinks in it...a P B P G I N F W M Y pin (from Bill Gothard maybe)....a variety of tie pins...money clip...one of those things that you get from Canada's Wonderland that has a picture of your family that you can look at and finally from BMA a bronze memory pack of scripture verses. I need to work on meemorizing that packet!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a message!