Thursday 16 January 2014

Going Gluten Free

Recently, I decided to try going gluten free.This was not for health reasons in that I can't tolerate gluten, but rather for health reasons (removing gluten and sugars) to see how it would affect my depression/anxiety since I was going to try to get off my medication.  For a girl who loves toast, cereals, sandwiches, buns, pasta and anything sweet, this was a major undertaking.  My brother in law had introduced me to almond and rice flour and other gluten free products so I knew it was doable.  So my first chore was to cut out my pastas and any breads or cereals I ate.  Lunches and suppers weren't that difficult since for suppers I was still able to eat potatoes and rice.

BUT, the killer for me was breakfast and snacking.  So I decided to search out some recipes that I could make for breakfast.  And I found one that is just amazing that I would like to share with you. I would eat this even if I wasn't going gluten free.  It is the most moist muffin I've ever eaten and probably the most delicious I've ever made.  They were so easy to make and ready to eat in about 1/2 an hour!!!  I store them in the fridge since I won't be eating them all within the next few days.  I'm trying desperately not to eat them all within a few days because my hope is that I will have some for the rest of the week!!!  

Let me know what you think if you do make them!  THEY ARE YUMMY!!!!

Don't these look yummy??????





Apple Cinnamon Almond Flour Muffins

Ingredients:
2 cups almond flour
2 eggs
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 small apples, peeled and chopped into small pieces (I used gala)
12 muffin liners


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
Mix all ingredients together except Almond Flour and Apples. Then add almond flour and mix well. Then gently fold Apples into the batter.
Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, spoon out batter into 12 cups
Bake for 15-20-25 min (depends on oven)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a message!