Monday 20 January 2014

Blue Monday?????

As I struggle with anxiety and fear and depression, one of the things that has fallen to the wayside over the months/years is my contact with others.  The easiest thing for me is to "hide".  Hide from what scares me.  Hide from what intimidates me.  Hide from the unknown.  Hide from showing myself to others.  It's a crazy cycle.  Feeling like I can't go out, yet feeling like I'm lonely and never get out.  From one day to the next it can be different, and when I make plans to have someone over, or go somewhere, when that day arrives, I may not feel up to it, panic and back out.

Today is known as Blue Monday. Blue Monday The one day out of the year that is categorized as the most difficult day for those of us struggling with depression/anxiety/stress.  I can't say today was my worst day, but I can say that today reminded me of those awful days.  And as I thought about those awful days, it also brought to mind some of the amazing times I have had recently.  As God has brought us through some dark times these past few months, He has also brought some precious people into our lives and home.

On New Years day we celebrated the beginning of the new year with a couple that is near and dear to our heart.  They have walked similar paths to us - infertility, adoption, tweens, past work issues, etc.  We were able to bring in the new year with a family that we loved.  Then, last night, we were able to reconnect with a family that has walked similar paths as we - being uprooted from what you thought your path was, questioning God's processing, trying to be thankful for where God has put us at right now, as well as the infertility, adoption etc.

I am so blessed.  God has brought amazing people into my life.  And so today as I looked back, it also forced me to look forward.  It reminded me of the wonderful group of women I work with at the Preschool. On days when I don't feel like heading into work, they give me joy and happiness I can't explain.  Working for my boss/friend is a blessing I cannot even begin to explain.  Working in a Christian environment is such an incredible blessing. Our Bible Study group has been an incredible source of strength and encouragement. They have lifted us up in prayer and carried us through some difficult times.  Friends who have been like family (who we've watched their children grow up and they watch our children grow up!) since the days we first moved to Steinbach have been a constant source of support and encouragement.  Having friends who have walked the same or similar paths as we have is extraordinary.  I just really am so blessed.  My kids have amazing friends.  Friends who are raised in Godly homes.  Friends who challenge each of them to grow in their relationship with God.
Philippians 1:3   I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.

Truly we are so blessed.  Truly I AM BLESSED!!!  God has blessed me with so many friends that love us and care for us and pray for us. 
Blue Monday???? I'd say 
BLESSED MONDAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a message!