Friday 25 April 2014

White. . . pristine. . . holy. . . . covering a multitude of UGLINESS!!!


Last night. . . I went to bed and a beautiful blanket of white purity covered the night.  It covered the ugliness of the day.  It covered the awful crevices created by a long harsh winter.  It covered the awful remnants of half a year, gone cold.  It covered a lot of dirtiness that was not very pleasing to the eye.  It covered it - and made it look pure.  Pristine.  BEAUTIFUL!  Those dark spots that winter had created. . . that winter had cast it's long dark shadows over. . . . it covered it all.  The snow.  A cloak that covered it all. 

Today as I woke, I thought about how Christ does that for us.  It's not like He doesn't know what's in us.  It's not like He doesn't know about each angry, misdirected, ungodly thought, but He doesn't hold it over our heads.  He covers it with a fresh blanket of holiness.  He gets rid of it forever.

While I am not a big fan of winter, and this one truly has gone on long enough, I was lured by the thought that like the blanket of snow, Christ covers our sins.  We just have to bring them to Him and they are gone - covered.  The big difference is that by the end of the day, the snow is gone - but Christ's forgiveness is limitless.  He doesn't unearth those dark spots in our lives.  He gets rid of them forever.  It is me who sometimes can't let go of those sins.  I might ask for forgiveness and He forgives me, but so many times, I realize it's ME who needs to forgive ME again.  It's me who struggles to get rid of the cold awful heart, the darkness of my negative thoughts, dark shadows of sin in my life.  Christ forgives me FREELY!  He covers them. . . and they STAY covered. Pure, holy, forgiven!  But I am the one that seems to be unable to keep them covered.  And I go to the places where Satan loves to see me go - looking at myself as unworthy.  Unforgivable.  Undesirable. Unwanted.  But all those things are what Satan is telling me.  He is trying to get me to melt that holy forgiveness away and expose those things. That's not Christ.  He has promised to forgive those things.

It's hard.  To believe that God can do that.  That God can not only cover those sins, but really take them away and remember them no more.   It's a tough thing sometimes, but let's remember to take a look at ourselves the way Christ sees us.  The white pristine holy child of His.  He loves us.  He died for us.  And that's what I need to focus on.  He did it for me.  It's already done.  HE LOVES ME!

1 comment:

  1. Isaiah 1:18 - Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

    Psalms 51:7 - Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

    Beautiful word picture - nothing as pure and fresh as newly fallen snow, is there! And at this time of year, as we celebrate His resurrection, and the washing of our sins away with His blood, cleansing us, making us clean, it is a wonderful reminder of how the red of the blood can make us clean and white again - what a miracle!

    But I am so glad Spring is here, and the snow is not here to stay this time - bring on the green already!!

    Bonnie Klaassen

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a message!