Friday 31 January 2014

Finally Friday: BE THANKFUL

This week didn't feel overly long, but as always, I am thankful for Fridays!  A day off with two more to come. IT'S THE WEEKEND!

Today I am thankful for:

- my kids being home (inservice day)
- coffee with a friend this morning to praise God for how He moves and works in our lives
- my daughter who came with me grocery shopping this morning - an activity that brings me much anxiety and dread, but made so much easier because she was there
- Bible Study tonight - a group of people we as a family are all thankful for - kids and adults alike!
- God showing us incredible ways how He is working
- the fact that it's January 31, and that means it's one month closer to summer!
- the opportunity to teach piano - what joy my students bring me!!!
- how God provides for us financially - K & I both have jobs that we so enjoy
- opportunities to minister
- and finally, not lastly because there are so many more things that I am thankful for, but this one made me SMILE big this morning:   THE SEED PACKETS TO START SEEDLINGS ARE OUT - BOTH FLOWERS AND VEGGIES!  yes!!!!!!  I am so ready for spring. . . .


I trust you will be able to find many things to be thankful for on this Friday - at the close of a week.  Praying that God will make Himself real to you and that you will see the blessings in your every day life.

~Sharon

1 Thessalonians 5:18
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

 Psalm 107:1
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!

 Ephesians 5:20
Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Colossians 3:15-17
And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Psalm 106:1
Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!

Psalm 105:1
Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!

Colossians 3:15

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a message!