Monday 1 April 2013

Melancholy Monday

Monday. . . . The first day after a weekend. . . the first day after Spring break. 

As I sat at my desk contemplating the day ahead, I felt blah.  Depressed. Yuck.  Everyone else is back to work or school and here I sat all by myself.  What's a girl to do?  Don't get me wrong.  My to do list COULD be a mile long.  But "anticipating" the day, I sat down with dread of being by myself.  Of being alone.  Because the cat and dog just don't cut it.

So I sat down to read my devotions and hopefully get a pick me upper.  Nothing.  I was waiting for my "magic potion" to bring me out of the dumps.  So I tried the next blog.  The next book.  Nothing.  So finally I decided to read.  One of my reading schedules brought up the verse I Thessalonians 5:17.  Ouuuu  Scripture.  That's got to have something good in it.  As I scrolled down Bible Gateway, there it was.  Two words!!!  TWO WORDS!!!  My verse of the day was TWO WORDS!?!?!?!  My heart sank.  I couldn't believe it.  I was waiting for some big uplifting scripture verse that would lift my spirits and take me soaring through the day and week.  But there were two words.

However, once I got to thinking about those two words, my attitude definitely changed.  Here are the two words:

Pray continually.

Pray continually.  Not just asking for something but continually.  As some of you may know, this year I have really been prompted to pray.  Well here was my verse.  Pray continually.  As if I were having a conversation with God through out the day.  I don't have to be down in the dumps because the kids and Keith are gone today.  I have GOD right there with me.  I am NOT alone.  He's there.  And He asks me to talk to Him continually.  So what better way to start my day.  My week.  My new month.  Than by talking to Him continually.  And when I am struggling - talk to Him.  When I am grocery shopping talk to Him.  When I am enjoying a moment - talk to Him.

So that's my challenge to you. To me. PRAY CONTINUALLY!  It's a challenge I am going to take up today.  Spend my day, not only in deep powerful prayer, but to spend my day conversing with God.  Because when I do this, it is a reminder of who I serve and how I need to act.  I serve a risen Saviour and He is with me EVERY moment.  So why would I just ignore Him?

Pray continually!  Pray with out ceasing. Pray all the time.  Pray perseveringly.  Any way you read it, be in communication with God.  He's waiting for you. . . and for me!

2 comments:

  1. I remember back at the end of 2012 you felt that your 'job' for the coming year was to pray. Not sure about your other blog readers but this reader sure needs and appreciates and feels the effects of YOUR intercession on our behalf. YOU WERE CALLED FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord has really been prompting me to pray more, too. Not just more...but as the verse says, continually. He's been teaching me that He cares about my "small" things, not just the "big" things that I tend to pray about most of the time. It amazes me how much He cares for us. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a message!