Friday 11 September 2020

In the Blink of an Eye. . .

In the blink of an eye. . . .

In the blink of an eye. . . . . . .


I remember so clearly, the day I was standing in front of the dryer folding the tiniest little socks I'd ever seen.  Folding a receiving blanket and thinking "Could it be?  Could we really be getting a baby?"  A birth mom had picked us to parent her child and for the first time in maybe forever, it was beginning to start to feel real.  Keith & I MIGHT actually become more than a couple.  We might be a family of more than 2!!

A few weeks later, our dreams came true and our daughter Taylor was born.  What an incredible gift we'd been given.  She was everything we'd ever dreamed of.  She was perfect.  And so tiny and we knew we would drink in every moment of her growing up.  But that felt sooooo far into the future.  We had YEARS to enjoy her and be with her.

Just over 2 1/2 years later, God blessed us with our 2nd miracle.  Never in a million years did we think that I would be giving birth to a child.  Doctors had said it was basically impossible.  And yet, 16 1/2 years ago, I gave birth to the most handsome little boy I'd ever seen.  Our 2nd miracle baby - Peyton!  And while time with him seemed to progress quicker than it did with Taylor , I just KNEW we'd absorb every possible moment with him as well.

But here I sit.  With an empty house.  Realizing that my babies are no longer babies!!  Okay, so I knew that, but how did this happen so quickly??? How did they go from being those tiny bundles of miracles into full grown (almost) adults?  Taylor is living on her own in her 2nd year of university.  Peyton just started his 2nd last year of high school!!  In the blink of an eye, right before my eyes, they have grown up, without me hardly noticing!  

While I may not remember every little detail, I do remember so many.  I am thankful for the pictures that have captured smiles, memories and my heart!  I could post hundreds, okay thousands of pictures of them.  Each with their own unique memory.  Some blissfully happy.  Others have heartache attached to them.  Some memories are difficult to think about, knowing I've made more than my fair share of mistakes raising them.  But, one thing I know is that my kids are my favourite people in this whole world.  I love them so incredibly much and thank God for both of them each and every day.  They each have their own unique and wonderful traits that make them so amazing.  They both love people and will fiercely fight for what is right.  They both are passionate about the things they love to do.  But most importantly, they are proud of who they are.  They have found friends that make them better people, and I believe they do that for their friends.  When I see the quality of friends that both my kids have, I know that my kids are also quality people.  

I am SO proud of both of my babies.  And yes, to me they will always be babies.  And yes, I am still trying to wrap my head around how quickly they went from itty bitty ones to beautiful amazing grown ups!!  It has been in the blink of an eye. . . . but oh how thankful I am for every little moment I was given with them.  They stole my heart the moment I first laid eyes on them.  And I have never been more proud of anyone than these two amazing humans that God has blessed me with.

Taylor & Peyton: I love you so very much and this Momma is so thankful to have been blessed with you in my life!!!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a message!