Wednesday 30 July 2014

Finding Joy in the little things

Some days, it's a real struggle for us to find joy.  Some days, it's easy. 

Recently I've been noticing a trend on Facebook to write down things that bring you joy or make you happy.  For the last couple of years I have been doing that in my Joy Journal, and while not always consistent, writing those things down DOES bring me joy, because it makes me think of those joy moments.

My nephews wife has been writing down 100 days of happy on Facebook, and her points of happy have so often brought ME joy. She's on Day 83 and I'm realizing just how much I look forward to reading her joy moments.  It's made me feel connected to her and her family, but it's also made me think about my joy moments!!! (Thanks Karin!!!!)

So today I wanted to share with you some of my biggest (well smallest) joys this summer.  I love gardening and so just wanted to share some of the colour in my yard. 

May His creation bring you joy this day!

Ashy Grey Ladybug - one of a few we have found this year.


Nothing like cooking with fresh herbs!


Some of my homegrown petunias

My love for fish ponds goes way back to when I was a little girl in my Opa's garden in Holland




One of my favourite containers from a dear friend - a HUGE teacup!!! LOVE IT!

Stormy skies on the way to the cottage.  A few meters later, a tree feel across some power lines into the ditch beside the road and started a fire just as we passed the exact spot.  Talk about being thankful for God's protection!

Lilies from our 100 foot row of lilies

God's details in His creation are incredible!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a message!