Thursday 1 May 2014

What's your focus?

Yesterday was one of those days when anxiety - and life - just took over.  Thoughts of inadequacy, panic, fear, insecurities seemed to cloud my every thought.  Looking to the future brought me anxiety, thinking about the present made me upset and stressed, and certainly thinking about the past just made me disappointed and frustrated.

What to do when those kind of thoughts cloud every moment?

The only thing I could do that would help - I went to the source of my strength - God's Word.

Psalm 141

I call to you, Lord, come quickly to me;
    hear me when I call to you.
May my prayer be set before you like incense;
    may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.
Set a guard over my mouth, Lord;
    keep watch over the door of my lips.
Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil
    so that I take part in wicked deeds

. . . . .

But my eyes are fixed on you, Sovereign Lord;
    in you I take refuge—do not give me over to death.

 I trust that today you will be able to focus your eyes on the Sovereign Lord and hear what the Holy Spirit is saying to you today - rather than what the evil one is trying to get you to believe!!!  I trust that your thoughts will be drawn to Him rather than "to what is evil"

.


4 comments:

  1. "Looking to the future brought me anxiety, thinking about the present made me upset and stressed, and certainly thinking about the past just made me disappointed and frustrated." That is very much how I'm feeling these days...Thank you for typing out that part of Psalm 141. Praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenna! Will be praying for peace for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, encouraging words. Thanks so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeannie. So amazing how God's Word written so long ago can meet us exactly where we are right now!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a message!