Wednesday 5 February 2014

What to do when life throws you curve balls

I LIFT MY EYES UP - WHERE DOES MY HELP COME FROM?  MY HELP COMES FROM THE LORD THE MAKER OF HEAVEN AND EARTH
The Lord will keep you from all harm
    he will watch over your life;

the Lord will watch over your coming and going

    both now and forevermore.


Today, something happened.  Something big. A grand slam.  Yes. . . I know a grand slam in baseball is a good thing, but today that grand slam is more like a grand slam right into the ground.  A grand slam so scary that it slices right through you. Slices right through to the very core of who you are. Slices right through to the very foundation that is within you.  Slices right through to the place that fear grows.  Slices right through to the places that you never dared breathe on your lips.  

And what do you do when that "never talk about thing" comes along side you and completely blind sides you?  Where do you go?  Where is God in that moment?  How do I deal with this?  What is my response?  

For those of you that know me, I have traveled a lot of roads. Today there was something I had never faced before.  Something I have never dared think about.  Something that brought fear into the very heart of me. HOWEVER, while I cannot share what that "something" is right now, today, but for God's incredible grace, He gave me peace.  He gave me His promise that no matter what, HE IS THERE!  Today, the lessons that God has been trying to teach me, I had to put into practice.

I have to trust Him.  I have to have faith that He has gone before me, and knows what tomorrow, the day after, the week after will bring.  The very verses that He put into the rotation of memory in my head, I am having to play it out. (Tuesdays memory verses)  I am having to LIVE those verses.  I am having to CLAIM those verses. . . moment by moment.  I am having to find the thankfulness in my prayers.  I am having to put away those anxious thoughts and trust in the One who created me.  The One who went before me today.  The One who knows those fears that cut through me.  The One who helps me be strong in the face of fear and uncertainty.  I am putting my everything in Him.  Because He knows.  He knows what my future will hold.  And HE HOLDS it.  I have no control over what may happen.  It is completely in His hands.  And so at this moment. . . I rest. . . I wait. . . and I trust. . . My God who knows it all is in control.  And I will thank Him.  I will praise Him.  And I will wait for His guidance. . . 




And as I sat writing this blog, I looked over to my calendar from Sarah Young : JESUS CALLING. . . and this is what I read. . . 

SEEK MY FACE, and you will find not only My Presence but also MY PEACE.  To receive My Peace, you must change your grasping, controlling stance to one of openness and trust.  The only thing you can grasp without damaging your soul is My hand.  Ask My Spirit within you to order your day and control your thoughts, fir the mind controlled by the Spirit is Life and Peace.

You can have as much of Me and My Peace as you want, through thousands of correct choices each day.  The most persistent choice you face is whether to trust me or to worry.  You will never run out of things to worry about, but you can choose to trust Me no matter what.  I am an ever-present help in trouble.  Trust Me, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.
Romans 8:6  Psalm 46:1-2

TODAY LORD, I CHOOSE TO TRUST YOU.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart. I know our journeys and struggles are very different right now, but what you are sharing is often very much what I need to hear as our family travels down our own very difficult path right now (truly, it feels more like wandering in the wilderness most days). We have had so many curveballs sent our way (God saying answering nearly all our prayers with No so far.) It is so hard, but we just have to keep trusting (which is not always easy). Will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenna - believe me we are praying for you guys too and get a little better what it must be for you. Thanks for your prayers - we are doing the same for you!! XO

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to leave me a message!